A woman was wearing the most perfect shirt at the meet on Friday morning. It said:
If I have but one day to live
let it be at a swim meet
they last
F O R E V E R!
That pretty much sums up the three days in Craig. Warm-ups started at 6:20 am(50°), yawn, and the races ended around 5pm each day (100°). It was a loooooong weekend but we had a great time! My sister Maggie, and my kiddoes Joey and Megan competed in 12 events. It really was a lot of fun. They had a super cool wave pool next to the main pool for the spectators. That was a nice bonus. They had music blasting and people dancing throughout the sessions. It was quite a party atmosphere. On Saturday night dinner was catered from a local barbeque restaurant at the park. We played games, sang songs, laughed and just had a magnificent time.
Julia LOVES the meets. The “big girls” adore her and she loves to be one of them. Tommy is the coach’s buddy and Johnny and I spend the days attached at the chest.
We left Steamboat in the wee hours Friday morning to get to warm-ups in time. We awoke later then anticipated so we were quite rushed. The kids slept in the car while we took down the tent and packed everything up. When we arrived in Craig I threw Megan her suit and goggles. She looked out the window and shrieked “You mean this is a meet?” LOL I guess she didn’t know what “qualifying for state” really meant. She thought the hotel was “state”.
If I have but one day to live
let it be at a swim meet
they last
F O R E V E R!
That pretty much sums up the three days in Craig. Warm-ups started at 6:20 am(50°), yawn, and the races ended around 5pm each day (100°). It was a loooooong weekend but we had a great time! My sister Maggie, and my kiddoes Joey and Megan competed in 12 events. It really was a lot of fun. They had a super cool wave pool next to the main pool for the spectators. That was a nice bonus. They had music blasting and people dancing throughout the sessions. It was quite a party atmosphere. On Saturday night dinner was catered from a local barbeque restaurant at the park. We played games, sang songs, laughed and just had a magnificent time.
Julia LOVES the meets. The “big girls” adore her and she loves to be one of them. Tommy is the coach’s buddy and Johnny and I spend the days attached at the chest.
We left Steamboat in the wee hours Friday morning to get to warm-ups in time. We awoke later then anticipated so we were quite rushed. The kids slept in the car while we took down the tent and packed everything up. When we arrived in Craig I threw Megan her suit and goggles. She looked out the window and shrieked “You mean this is a meet?” LOL I guess she didn’t know what “qualifying for state” really meant. She thought the hotel was “state”.
Megan getting ready to dive in
Go Megan Go
Joey on the blocks
Three of the kids and daddy riding the waves
Julie











3 comments:
Having been a swimmer once myself, I can totally relate to that t-shirt!
WTG Joey, Megan and Maggie. I'm glad you all survived. It was great seeing you guys on Sunday night.
Great pics, Kristen, they tell a wonderful story.
Post a Comment