Every year at the start of the new school year I'm filled with hope and excitement. Every year I plan on scaling back the extra activities and having more down time. Every year I end up a frazzled, stressed out mess. It looks as this year will be no exception.
Last night was the "end of the year" swim team party/pot luck dinner. Our team decided to go year round this year but to continue as a summer team. Huh? We will practice over the winter but only have meets in the summer, keeping our status as "seasonal". Apparently, we are the only summer club team in the city that only practiced in the summer. This will put us on equal ground with the other "seasonal teams". The year round rumors have been circulating for a few weeks so it didn't come as a huge surprise last night.
However, in July I gave the kids a choice between swimming and Kung Fu for the fall. Megan chose swimming. The deadline for Kung Fu was in July. I was feeling a bit guilty last night because Joey and Julie are going to do both. Then coach approached me asking if Megan played soccer and asked if she could play on their team. Her husband is a girl's soccer coach. Megan was jumping up and down with excitement. Great, I get to add soccer mom to the ole resume. ;-)
Our fall plans:
Monday-
Piano lessons - (Julie and Megan)
Swim team practice - (Joey, Megan and Julie)
Soccer - (Megan)
School - (me)
Tuesday-
Guitar - (Joey)
Kung Fu - (Joey and Julie)
choir practice - (Megan and Julie)
Co-op enrichment classes - (All the kids)
Wednesday-
Swim team practice- (Joey, Megan and Julie)
School- (me)
High Country Enrichment Classes - (Joey)
Thursday-
American Heritage Girls - (Megan, Julie, and me as a leader of the K girls)
Religious Ed Classes - (Joey, Megan and Julie)
Kung Fu- (Joey and Julie)
Friday-
Swim team practice - (Joey, Megan and Julie)
Playgroup/enrichment- (everyone)
Soccer- (Megan)
I'm taking 12 credit hours this semester, mostly online. I can't believe this is my last week of summer.
August 16, 2006
Trying to squeeze it all in
Posted by
Kristen
at
10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment