January 7, 2008

I don't *do* scary

You know that scene in scary movies when the helpless girl goes downstairs into the darkness of doom? The one where you know something really bad is about to happen and your screaming in your mind "Don't do it, you idiot. Call 911 and lock yourself in the bathroom!"* That helpless girl was me last night.

Dh and I were watching Desperate Housewives in bed when we heard a bang. Before I could say a word he ran downstairs to check it out. Next thing I knew I heard a huge bang-boom-crash-and the sound of broken glass. Shit! I screamed and ran downstairs into the darkness of doom.

Turns out our 11-year-old-but-still-a-puppy-scared-of-her-own-shadow-NOT-a-guard-dog chocolate lab, Toni, knocked over my glass of iced tea that I left on the coffee table with her tail when dh came running down the stairs. The initial noise was, Toni, knocking the trash can over.

We spent the next 15 minutes sweeping and vacuuming the hardwood floors trying to get all the glass. Apparently, we missed a sliver because I stepped on one this morning and had to dig it out with tweezers. Owie!

*I don't do scary movies, ever. When I was in 3rd grade I went to a sleep over and we watched them all night long. My poor innocent mind was corrupted into the darkness of evil. I never got over it. If I happen to be watching a TV show, like CSI or Law in Order or a disturbing commercial, and scary music begins to play or something really suspenseful is happening I mute the TV and go to my happy place. It drives dh absolutely nuts but I can't help it. I don't do scary.

No comments: