March 26, 2008

It's impossible to get a picture of 5 kids smiling

Me: Everyone look at mommy. Ready...1..2...3..
Johnny: GO! (he jumps into the air)
Me: sigh

Me: okay let's try it again. Look at Mommy!

John: NO!

It's a good thing he's cute.

I asked dh to trim Tommy's hair before the funeral this morning. This certainly isn't what I had in mind. I really don't know what to say about it. He looks like a cancer patient. Or the world's youngest skin.head. Ugh.

The funeral was unbelievably sad. I'll never forget her children's faces. It's just so sad. :'(

It was silent during the service. I was very worried the boys would misbehave. We sat in the second row behind Collen's parents, children and brother. The kids did amazingly well. The didn't make a peep. I think the little guys were aware that this was a serious event.

The church was packed. Thankfully no media people showed up. There was another story in the paper today. I'm not sure when this will all end. It can't be the "big story" forever.

1 comment:

Brooke (CrazyRN) said...

I thought of you all day. I attended a funeral (my mother's biological father) also yesterday at 1pm and all I could think about was your family and how different these two services were. I will continue to have you in my prayers.

I don't wish tragedy on anyone, but I sure hope the media moves on to someone else. I'm so sorry your family has to deal with the constant reminder b/c of the media.

(((hugs)))