I can't believe how quickly I transitioned from full time nursing student- eating, breathing, dreaming nursing, to "mom." This summer has been absolutely amazing. I haven't looked at any Nclex books, nursing message boards, notes, texts, anything related to nursing in over a month. I needed a break. I'm hoping all this down time doesn't end up kicking me in the butt this fall.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swim season is wrapping up quickly. We have the city Gold meet this weekend. My children somehow managed to qualify for the specific events that require us to attend all six sessions. EEEEK! It's going to be a loooooong weekend. The state meet begins on the 31st in Cortez. Then summer swim is over. It's bittersweet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The girls Johnny and I have been riding our bikes to swim practice every morning. It's a little over 7 miles. It's so much fun, though. Unfortunately, it doesn't save us any gas as dh has to pick us up at the pool and load up the bikes. Once Tommy is able to ride on his own we can start riding in place of driving to our many destinations. I love John's seat!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joey and dh went to a Father/ Son camp out with the church this weekend. They white water rafted down the Arkansas river and had major squirt gun battles. The girls and I attended the Silver meet at Colorado College. Johnny was so naughty it was kind of a nightmare.
You can see them battling the rapids at http://www.noahsark.com/h2ophotos.cfm click on July 12 11:40, it's picture number 28 (dh in the Cubs hat and Joey in the brown hat)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tommy and Johnny frequently dress up as super heroes, police and firemen, or whatever they think up. The other night they came up dressed like this:
Tommy: "I'm the Mama and Johnny is the police-mon-daddy!" lol Dh was less than amused.
No comments:
Post a Comment